Friday, September 30, 2022
The Lifesaving Society is a national volunteer organization and registered charity. We are a full-service provider of programs, products and services designed to prevent drowning. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our training programs, Water Smart public education, drowning research, aquatic safety management and lifesaving sport.
The Lifesaving Society Ontario Branch invites applications for the volunteer Management Proficiency Chair
Purpose: To provide leadership for the Lifesaving Society Ontario on matters of Lifesaving Society management proficiency initiatives as they relate to Aquatic Safety Management related subjects.
Term of Office: Elected to the Management Training Council at the Lifesaving Society’s Annual General Meeting for a term of two years.
Reporting Relationship: To the Lifesaving Management Training Council.
To the Board of Directors as required.
To the Lifesaving Society, Ontario Branch membership annually.
1. Establish objectives and annual action plan on matters related to Management Training – Aquatic Proficiency.
2. This position will conduct needs analysis on aquatic management issues, both current and emergency, conduct research on management/leadership topics as well as current and emerging trends, make recommendations to Management Training Activity Council on research findings for projects, collaborate and communicate research findings to Management Training Chairs to enhance service delivery of existing programs/services, namely: Professional Development, Webinars, Pool Aquatic Safety Management courses.
3. Manage approved projects related to Aquatic Proficiency
4. Chair the Aquatic Proficiency committee, including:
- Recruit and develop committee members as required.
- Assign responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate committee activities
- Recognize volunteer committee members
5. Attend Management Training Council meetings, and the Annual General Meeting.
6. Report to Management Training Council as scheduled on the status of established objectives and action plan.
7. Prepare an annual report on the committee’s activities and accomplishments.
Skills and Experience
: Possession of the following knowledge, skills and experience will enable the selected applicant to perform the job functions successfully.
- Proven experience, knowledge of or interest in Management Training initiatives.
- Experience in chairing meetings with volunteer groups or associations.
- Strong leadership skills and collaborative work ethic.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
: Send resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
by September 30, 2022.
About the Lifesaving Society
The Lifesaving Society is a national volunteer organization and registered charity working to prevent drowning and water-related injury. We are composed of tens of thousands of individual members, and over 4,000 affiliated swimming pools, waterfronts, schools and clubs. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our training programs, Water Smart® public education, drowning prevention research, aquatic safety management and lifesaving sport. The Society has been educating Canadians since the first Lifesaving Society Bronze Medallion was earned in 1896. Each year, more than 1.2 million Canadians participate in the Society’s swimming, lifesaving, lifeguard, first aid and leadership training programs. For more information, please visit www.lifesavingsociety.com
or follow us on social media.