Wednesday, April 12, 2023
This position offers a salary range of $62,680.37– $74,302.80 plus a competitive benefit package. The locations for these two positions will be at:
• Caledon East Community Center (July start)
• Mayfield Community Center
The Opportunity Reporting directly to the Coordinator, Aquatics, this role is responsible for effectively delivering, administering and supervising aquatic programs while promoting access and equitable processes for residents. You will provide supervision to volunteers, contract, full time and part time staff and ensure customer satisfaction and safety. As the Programmer, Aquatics, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Assist in the planning, development and execution of aquatic and leadership programs, services and initiatives, including inclusive opportunities.
- Analyze and assess aquatic program requirements and present recommendations to the Coordinator.
- Recruit, train, and evaluate contract, volunteer and part time staff and full-time staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching for improved performance
- Be responsible to work and ensure that all staff supervised work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Town of Caledon Policies and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines.
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Recreation Studies or a closely related field.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a recreation setting, Certifications in Standard First Aid, Swim and Lifesaving Society Instructor, National Lifeguard (pool option) are required. Additional aquatic leadership qualifications are considered an asset. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated customer service excellence.
We are seeking an individual with superior verbal and written communication skills, a demonstrated ability to obtain and exchange routine information, and excellent organizational skills. The successful candidate for Programmer, Aquatics will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
How To Apply To learn more about employment with the Town of Caledon and to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, visit:
RecruitRight - Town of Caledon
If needed and upon request, this document can be made available in an alternative format
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position. The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace.
If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.