Monday, May 15, 2023
We are looking for instructors/guards who are enthusiastic about swimming and want to spend their summer outdoors helping others learn to swim.
Preference will be given to applicants who are qualified as both Lifeguards and Swim Instructors.
Employment: Contract Hourly
Number of Vacancies: Multiple
Deadline to Apply: Ongoing
Swim Lessons Instructor/Lifeguard Duties:
- Provide swim instruction as per the Municipality's protocols based on information provided by the Life Saving Society
- Enforce pool safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
- Ensure safety of all swimmers
- Perform maintenance duties as per Municipal policies and procedures
- Maintain and ensure proper storage of all pool equipment and ensure equipment is working in a satisfactory manner.
- Keep accurate records as required
- Occasionally perform light cleaning duties such as tidying pool area, trash removal etc.
- Participate in training as required.
- Current certifications in Lifesaving Society – National Lifeguard (NL) and Standard First Aid & CPR Level C.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to work well independently
- Previous experience instructing swim lessons an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Focus on health and safety.
- Must be available to work Tuesday's - Saturday's as scheduled.
- Must be able to attend mandatory training as required.
Contact Allison Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org