Friday, June 16, 2023
Making Waves Swim School is proud to announce the opening of our 5th Swim School in Guelph in Fall 2023! And we’re looking for a special person to help us lead the team!
This is a full time position that requires solid multi tasking skills with the utmost efficiency. Everyday will be different, some days will be staff focused, others will be more customer focused or business focused. You must demonstrate strong leadership and listening skills, have a collaborative spirit and be highly proficient with oral and written communication.
In this position you will be leading and working closely with a team of Supervisors, Customer Service Representatives, Head Coaches and Coaches. In order to be successful in this position you must have strong attention to detail and have a commitment to goal-setting and excellence in every task and project you take on, no matter how big or small. Building and developing relationships with staff, families and community groups will be key to the success of this new location.
You are someone who thrives on being highly organized while having a people-person flair. Efficiency and time management are your strongest assets. You enjoy leading people, you’re assertive and are not afraid to take charge to get things done.
You also value the small business environment and come to the pool with an entrepreneurial spirit and sleeves rolled up! This will be very important in the early stages of opening this new location.
We may already be 29 years old, but there’s so much more to do and get involved in to help us make waves in Guelph!
- The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Human Resources and Employee Support
- Maintaining positive culture and staff Cheer initiatives
- Coaching, Mentoring, and Recruiting
- Staff Scheduling
- Ongoing staff development and training
- Facility forecasting, budgeting and revenue responsibility
- Meeting client retention goals
- Achieving revenue and registration targets
- Quality Assurance
- Ensuring quality and adherence to Making Waves Guidelines in all programs
- Auditing lessons
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and governing regulations
- Public Relations
- Dealing with escalated client concerns
- Communicating with clients regularly to ensure their satisfaction
- Building and developing relationships with other businesses/ schools in the community.
- Sales Merchandise, Program and Office Inventory
- Facility Transaction Responsibilities
- Weekly/Monthly Meetings & Reporting
- Facility Maintenance oversight
Director of Operations
Day shift availability
- Minimum 5+ years solid leadership management experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google applications
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Works with minimal direction and shows initiative
- Excellent leadership, people management and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to manage competing priorities
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Budget management skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Ability to travel to MWSS locations
- Clear vulnerable Sector Check
Shelley Thomas, Director of Human Resources