Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Responsible for providing safe Aquatic Fitness programs at assigned Town pools in accordance with prescribed certifications: Canadian Aquafitness Leadership (CALA) Instructor, WaterArt Instructor, YMCA Aquafitness Instructor, Water in Motion Instructor or other certified aquatic fitness association if appropriate for the program offered by the Town. Responsibilities include preparing lesson plans, instructing, setup, clean up, taking down equipment and maintaining a tidy deck area.
Please note that this is an ongoing posting, meaning that applications will be accepted until December 31, 2019 in order to establish a pool of candidates for when opportunities come up.
1. Standard First Aid and CPR-C, CALA (Canadian Aquafitness Leadership Association) Instructor, Speedo WaterArt Instructor, YMCA Aquafitness Instructor, Water in Motion Instructor OR other certified aquatic fitness association.
2. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, certifying organizations, program participants and staff.
3. Working knowledge of Health and Safety standards with WHMIS training preferred.
4. Good interpersonal, organizational and instructional skills.
5. Police Record Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening) acceptable to the Town.
6. Availability to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings, and weekends.
The Town of Newmarket is committed to accommodating all applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for all employment activities including the recruitment process.
Please visit the job posting for further details on how to apply: https://newmarket.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1100