Sunday, July 28, 2019
A Typical Day at Olympia:
As a coach, a typical day runs from 7:45am – 9:00pm – you will work the whole day with breaks. As a coach you will be responsible for planning and facilitating 6 hours of program per day for your assigned campers. You will also work with counsellors assigned to assist your program. You will share lodging with up to three other staff members. Meals times are 7:45am, 12:30pm and 5:30pm and there is hot snack and a stocked fridge each night of the week.
Our commitment to you:
- We fully support all Health and Dietary Concerns – we have 3 nurses, a doctor and 4 athletic therapists available to you throughout the summer as well as a supportive kitchen staff
- Downtime begining at 10:30 p.m. every night in the coaches' lounge to catch up with staff and relax. Gym and fitness center also available.
Overview of Olympia:
Olympia Sports Camp is a world-class, up-beat, dynamic and safe environment, where campers learn to participate and share in a community that focuses on positive energy and peer encouragement. Started in 1974 as a 1-week basketball camp, Olympia now offers over 90 different sports and activities for both boys and girls aged 9- 18. At Olympia our passion is to empower each and every camper to ‘Be the Hero of Their Own Story.’ The lifeblood of Olympia is its staff. From senior staff to counsellors, everyone working at Olympia is there to ensure the kids have a fantastic summer!
- Plan and facilitate 6 hours of program per day for the National Lifeguard course
- Ensure all campers have an encouraging, safe and fun environment while at camp
- Showcase the key competencies/ skills of an Olympia Staff Member at all times – compassion, leadership, mentorship, work ethic, conflict resolution and creativity
- Motivate and inspire the counsellors and campers to participate in all aspects of camp
During session time you will be required to instruct an National Lifeguard course and to examine the students at the end of the course. You will act as a coach to group of campers who have signed-up for National Lifeguard Camp from July 28th to August 3rd. You will also be assigned a few counsellors to help with the session. The campers will spend a total of 6 hours in the National Lifeguard course with you each day, which is divided into three, two-hour sessions throughout the day. The National Lifeguard camp will take place within an enclosed swimming area at the camp's waterfront, which is beautiful Oxbox Lake.
- Current National Lifeguard Instructor Certification (Lifesaving Society)
- Current National Lifeguard Examiner Certification (Lifesaving Society)
Director of Waterfront at Olympia Sports Camp
Cell phone - 647-986-5307
Visit our website: https://olympiasportscamp.com/
2400 Limberlost Rd. Huntsville, Ontario P1H 2J6