Saturday, December 28, 2019
To provide safe and effective supervision of members in and around the pool area, including prevention of accidents, performance of First Aid and water rescue, and to provide quality aquatic instruction to the membership.
- Performance of water rescue and first aid when necessary.
- Safe and effective supervision of the pools, splash pad and deck areas as per Club rules, regulations and policies and those rules and regulations of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 565 Public Pools.
- Ensure the pools, splash pad and deck areas are safe and clean, and deck furniture and pool accessories are kept orderly and stored correctly after use/at the end of each day, including but, not limited to vacuuming, skimming, removal of deck debris and towels, and tidying of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Instruction of swim classes as assigned, when required core and lesson plans on hand.
- Completion of required daily program administration, including but not limited to:
- Maintain accurate class lists and worksheets
- Completion and distribution of all progress cards and awards
- Complete daily lesson statistics and end of session statistic sheets
- Pool chemical and water balance readings as required
- Opening and Closing Checklists
- Statistics for pool usage
- Ensure classes are well organized and effectively taught following the program standards as set out by the Red Cross Water Safety Lessons. This includes starting and ending on time, screening of participants on first lesson, following the criteria for each lesson as per the worksheet and appropriate feedback to members on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as required.
- National Lifeguard
- Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- LSS Lifesaving Instructor
*Please note all qualifications must remain current throughout duration of employment*