Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Who are we?
Movati Athletic is driven by a vision to empower people’s lives through fitness and health, making the communities we serve healthier and happier. We’re not your typical gym. From the moment you step inside one of our clubs, you’ll experience the difference. This is why our mission is to passionately deliver an experience that makes our members feel welcome, feel comfortable and feel healthy.
Established in 1997, Movati Athletic is a pioneer in the fitness industry offering an experience that goes beyond just working out. We continuously work hard to ensure our services, amenities and employees provide the ultimate well-being experience at an affordable price. What began as one club has now grown to 15, with more on the way. Employing 1,700 full and part time employees (and growing), our caring and exceptional people help ensure our members improve their quality of life. We continue to hire exceptional, caring individuals, adding to our family of Movati Athletic employees. We’re always on the lookout for the best and brightest to join our expanding company. We are currently searching for a Lifeguard & Swim Instructor at one of our five Ottawa locations. Excited to learn more?
Reporting to the Aquatics Supervisor, the Lifeguard & Swim Instructor is responsible for maintaining a safe aquatic environment at all times and for providing best in class swim instruction, knowledge, and coaching to participants. The Lifeguard & Swim instructor conducts swimming lessons in a safe and enjoyable environment, while demonstrating good class control and safety supervision. The Lifeguard & Swim Instructor will respond to emergencies in the pool and on the pool deck, and will act as a first responder, as needed. What can you expect in this role? Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on. We can’t wait to hear what else you can contribute to the role!
- Provides exceptional swim instruction and classes, programs and service to meet the diverse needs of new and existing clients.
- Ensures that swim instruction training methods and techniques conform to standardized Club training practices.
- Develops swim lesson plans for swimming instruction for all levels.
- Maintains constant surveillance of members and guests in the pool, and on pool deck.
- Ensures that all safety and lifeguarding procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures that members and staff adhere to pool conduct rules and guidelines, and takes a proactive approach to ensuring safety and accident prevention.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations and performs appropriate rescue techniques and first aid, as appropriate.
- Completes safety checks of lifesaving equipment prior to each shift. Reports all malfunctioning equipment and removing any damaged equipment immediately from circulation.
- Proactively addresses any member concerns or issues related to Lifeguarding and pool safety and/or escalates them to the Aquatics Supervisor for resolution.
- Stays current on swim instruction, Lifeguarding safety techniques and standards.
- Completes all administrative paperwork and tasks accurately, diligently and promptly. Maintains accurate Lifeguarding and swim instruction records and journals.
What type of experience should you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- Related Swim Instructor and Lifeguarding experience is required.
- Current National Lifeguard qualification and Red Cross Water Safety Instructor qualification are required.
- CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Basic understanding of pool operation and water chemistry.
- Flexibility regarding assigned hours of work, including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
Application Process Interested candidates are invited to apply using the link below. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Movati Athletic is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We can’t wait to meet you!