Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Big Splash Lifeguard is responsible for the safety of all guests in the pool area. Assists in providing exceptional service to guests while carrying out all responsibilities of lifeguarding and maintaining a waterpark area.
- Responsible for maintaining guest safety in the wavepool as well as all pool areas, demonstrating professional and consistent adherence to all pool safety standards.
- Effectively guards all pool guests and maintain a safe environment.
- Maintains safe use of the pool slide/water features and does not allow dangerous activities.
- Responsible for maintaining proper positioning, visibility and condition of pool safety and rescue equipment.
- Performs daily safety checks of pool area and slide for potential hazards.
- Perform regularly assigned maintenance duties including: opening/closing procedures, pool tests, and pool maintenance.
- Properly document all maintenance duties, pool test results, and emergency procedures.
- Continually monitor that all guests are wearing the daily wristbands.
- Adheres to all pool safety standards, including safety procedures for adverse weather conditions.
- Executes all water safety and rescue procedures in accordance with current Life Saving Society and Bingemans’ standards.
- Performs all duties in a timely and professional manner.
- Turns in lost and found items throughout shift according to Bingemans Standards.
- Performs proper opening and closing procedures.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all areas within the waterpark. Participates in cleaning public areas as required.
- Knowledgeable of and able to communicate all Bingemans Amusement offerings.
- Attends all department meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in ALL staff training lessons, both the initial and on-going training.
- Ensure that the standards of Regulation 565 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and Part V of the Amusement Devices Act are followed at all times.
- Uphold and perform to the standards set by the Lifesaving Society.
- Knows the location and contents of First Aid Kits.
- Perform first aid and CPR when required.
- Abide by policies and guidelines that are defined in the Staff Handbook.
- Comply with relevant health and safety laws as they apply under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Regulations and the WHMIS Regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Guard, or the management.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Minimum 2 years guarding experience after National Lifeguard award.
- Currently enrolled in high school or post-secondary education.
- National Lifeguard (NL) pool.
- National Lifeguard (NL) waterpark (training provided).
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level “C” and AED.
- Available through to and including Labour Day.
- Some light lifting.
- Physical stamina in an outdoor environment.
- Physical performance requirements in swimming and running.
- Mental alertness is a must at all times.
- Varied hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Outdoor environment, various weather conditions.
- Required to attend ALL training sessions.
Please apply at bingemans.com/employment or send your resume directly to email@example.com