Friday, February 21, 2020
Start Date: June 26, 2020
$18.39 - $22.37 per hour
35 hours per week
Day access to all three UTRCA Conservation Areas (Fanshawe, Wildwood, Pittock CA)
The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority is currently accepting resumes for the seasonal position of Lifeguard. There are eight positions available lasting up to 10 weeks in length (June 26 - September 7, 2020) located in either Woodstock or London, ON.
Reporting to the Conservation Area Superintendent, the Lifeguard position will safeguard the public and the pool facility located at Pittock Conservation Area or Fanshawe Conservation Area as per applicable legislation.
Performs lifeguard duties for the outdoor swimming pool located within the Conservation Area. The pool area is defined as the pool itself, the concrete deck within the fenced area and the pool pump house.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all practices are conducted within established safety procedures and documented as required by relevant legislation
- Shifts will start 15 minutes prior to pool opening and staff are required to be in uniform (guard shirt, whistle, bathing suit, rescue aid) and begin to prepare the pool for opening
- Prior to opening the pool, ensure all required safety equipment is in place as per regulations
- Perform pool water testing and add chemicals as necessary as well as other maintenance requirements (vacuuming pool)
- Ensure the public is observing safety practices in the pool and on the deck of the pool
- Inform the public of water safety practices
- Perform rescues and administer first aid/CPR as required
- May eject individuals endangering themselves or other swimmers from the pool area
- Pick up loose garbage and dangerous items within the pool area
- Current Standard First Aid (Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross, St John’s Ambulance or Ski Patrol) and CPR-C
- Current National Lifeguard - Pool certification (NL)
- WHMIS 2015 and swimming awards are an asset
- Minimum of 1 year experience working as a lifeguard in a pool setting
- Additional customer service experience would be an asset
- High school education preferred
Police check and vulnerable persons check required after hiring.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to email, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sharon Viglianti, HR Administrator
Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
1424 Clarke Road, London ON, N5V 5B9
Please indicate the position title and location in the subject line of your email. If you are applying for more than one position, please send a separate email for each.
Please visit our website at www.thamesriver.on.ca for further details.
Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.