Monday, November 22, 2021
Resumes are being accepted on an ongoing basis for the casual part-time position of Aquatic Instructor Guard to support the Recreation Department. The successful candidate will instruct assigned classes in accordance to the governing body (Lifesaving Society) standards and the City of Guelph expectations. Maintain and enforce high safety standards at all times. Lifeguard as requested and assume all responsibilities of a guard. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
Hours of work and work location
Up to 20 hours per week with daytime, evening and weekend shifts required.
- Maintain a high level of safety supervision at all times.
- Complete all necessary administration documentation thoroughly.
- Attend all mandatory staff trainings.
- Class management and safety supervision during Instructional Learn to swim Programs
- Respond as required to any aquatic emergency situations.
- Assist in implementation of City wide events, such as swim meets, theme days, rentals, etc. as required.
- Ensure that all aquatic qualifications remain current and on file.
- General maintenance of pool deck and facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current National Lifeguard (NL) certification
- Current Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor certification
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Link to online application: https://guelph.ca/job-posting/aquatic-instructor-guard-part-time/