Thursday, September 30, 2021
The Granite Club is looking for a Head Lifeguard/Instructor who will provide on deck supervision/guidance of hourly staff, safe and effective supervision of Members in and around the pool area, performance of first aid and water rescue and to provide quality aquatic instruction.
Benefits of working for the Club
- Healthy and delicious daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for employees and their families.
- Indoor parking for Employees.
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family.
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships.
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health.
- Exciting Discounts on the Club’s Retail and spa products and services.
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi, and Employee computers
- Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to instructors and lifeguards in the absence of Supervisors.
- Set up proper guard rotations and determine timing for staff lunch and dinner breaks.
- Complete Angus reports for facility repairs etc.
- Performance of water rescue and first aid when necessary.
- Safe and effective supervision of the pool and area during fitness and recreational swims (according to rules specified in employee handbook).
- Ensure pool area is kept neat - pick up towels, toys, training equip. etc; clean out filter baskets. and direct staff to complete the above when necessary
- Assist members: explain lane swimming procedures, stroke improvement, explain use of training equipment, pulse check etc.
- Ensure monitoring and recording of water (every 4 hrs.) conditions; temperature, chlorine, PH, etc., throughout shift, on daily report form. Add chlorine if necessary and contact SPA with any serious water imbalance issues.
- Ensure rescue equipment is in good working order/report otherwise (including oxygen, first aid box).
- Encourage all members to sign daily attendance sheet and guest sheet (if necessary).
- Ensure completion of accident and incident reports and follow-up when necessary.
- Ensure timely set up and removal of racing lane ropes when necessary
- Instruction of swim classes and private lessons as assigned.
- Complete progress cards and worksheets at end of each instructional series.
- Screening of participants in classes and move to a more appropriate level if necessary.
- In coordination with Assistant Aquatic Manager, provide performance feedback and training to part time instructors and guarding staff
- Current aquatic qualifications, including:
- Red Cross / Lifesaving Society Instructor certification
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard certification
- First Aid and C.P.R. certification
- High Five (Principle of Healthy Child Development)
- High School Graduate
- Ability to communicate effectively - good P.R. skills, excellent oral and written English skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- 2 years active aquatic experience
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
About the Granite Club
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
If you are a passionate individual looking to work as part of a growing team, click apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!