Monday, May 17, 2021
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking Part Time Deck Supervisors
The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to: provide on-deck leadership for the lifeguards and ensure all Ontario Health Regulations and Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. policies and procedures are enforced; Ensure staff perform vigilant scanning and accident-prevention style lifeguarding; provide direction and correction as necessary; Administer and operate the pool and onsite programs to ensure safe, efficient and effective operations of the Aquatic Facility; Provide excellent member services and deliver immediate conflict resolution as required; Open and close the pool; ensure pool and surrounding areas are secured and safe; Ensure the facility is appropriately equipped; contact necessary contacts to maintain proper pool chemistry within the guidelines of Toronto Public Health; and provide feedback to Aquatic Management; Execute emergency procedures and use safety/rescue equipment; Interact with the public and staff to provide program information; knowledgeable with CITY, UTSC and TPASC programs, policy and procedures; Set-up and take-down the Aquatic Facility for daily activities as well as special events; this includes specialized equipment; report to meet manager in-place of full time staff;
Administrative duties including filling out reports (incident reports, opening/closing procedures, inventory check, pool fouling reports etc.), using computer applications such as word and excel to read and update pool log book, create signs and spreadsheets as needed; reading and performing tasks as assigned in task log book, reading/familiarizing and signing memo log with updates to policy and procedures for TPASC, CITY and UTSC; Assist the Aquatics Management Staff with planning and facilitating staff training; Perform minor maintenance and cleaning as required; to maintain pool above and beyond health regulations; Attend regularly scheduled meetings and staff trainings for continued staff development; Maintain a professional appearance and uniform as outlined in the TPASC employee handbook and keep all certifications up to date and ensure all staff working have current and relevant certifications.
A legacy of the 2015 Toronto Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is operated by a corporation co-owned by the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto. The world-class facility was the largest sport new-build for the Games and the largest infrastructure investment in Canadian amateur sport history. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre delivers extensive programming that serves recreational and community groups, university students, high performance athletes, as well as fitness centre clientele. The building’s 312,000 square-feet includes two internationally sanctioned 10-lane 50-metre pools, a world-class dive pool and dry-land dive training facilities, a four-court gymnasium, a rock climbing wall, an indoor running track, conditioning rooms, a high performance testing centre, studio spaces, and a state-of-the-art fitness centre for members. The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is located at Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre and provides world-leading sport science and sport performance services. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre opened to community users, University of Toronto faculty, staff and students, City of Toronto program users and high performance in September 2014. For more information visit www.torontopanamsportscentre.ca
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a high school diploma (post-secondary education is considered an asset);
- Minimum of two (2) years of lifeguarding experience (previous supervisory experience is considered an asset);
- Valid and current certification of the following: National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid, CPR-C and Airway Management (or equivalent as deemed acceptable by management);
- Qualified as a National Lifeguard, First Aid, Airway Management Instructor/Examiner is considered an asset;
- Certified in LSS Aquatic Supervisor and Pool Operator is considered an asset;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Strong leadership skills to manage staff; provide direction and lead by example;
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions in absence of full time staff;
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency and conflict situations;
- Skilled in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques;Ability to perform lifeguarding fitness and rescue skills at or above the National Lifeguard standard;
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork; and
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work shifts evenings and weekends, and others as requested.
Three professional references will be required, and the successful candidate(s) will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Erin Atkinson, Aquatics Manager
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre
875 Morningside Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1C 0C7
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to the attention of Erin Atkinson, Aquatics Manager.
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is committed to creating an accessible organization and facility by removing barriers for individuals with disabilities. If you have any accessibility requirements or questions, whether as an employment candidate, volunteer, user of the facility or business partner, please contact us at email@example.com
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.