Thursday, December 9, 2021
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Senior Lifeguards to join our team! This will be a one-year contract.
The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol and observe swimming pool area ensuring Ontario Health Regulation and pool rules are adhered to
- Maintain safety of patrons in the swimming and deck area; Assist with pool set ups and take downs
- Remain knowledgeable of emergency procedures and operational policies
- Ensure correct patron-to-lifeguard ratios are met at all times
- Quickly respond to pool emergencies and perform basic life support and first aid as required, including artificial respiration
- Interact and maintain good public relations with patrons
- Administrative duties including filling out bathers count totals, reports for situations (incident/injury reports, opening/closing procedures, inventory check, pool fouling reports etc.)
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning as required
- Assist with opening & closing procedures
- Assist with pool chemistry testing
- Assist with restocking of First Aid Supplies & completing checks of safety equipment
- Assist with training and mentorship of new guards
- Assist with rotations, transitions and pool set up and other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a high school diploma
- Valid and current certifications of the following: National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid, and Airway Management
- A minimum of 1-3 years of Lifeguarding experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well with other staff
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skilled in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Ability to perform lifeguarding fitness and rescue skills at or above the National Lifeguard standard
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Three professional references will be required and a Vulnerable Person police record check will be required for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must be able to work daytime hours Monday to Friday.
Shifts available are: 5am -1pm/7am -3pm/9am-5pm/10am-6pm.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to the attention of:
Erin Atkinson, Aquatics Manager
The Toronto PanAm Sports Centre is located at:
875 Morningside Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1C 0C7
A legacy of the 2015 Toronto Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is operated by a corporation co-owned by the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto. The world-class facility was the largest sport new-build for the Games and the largest infrastructure investment in Canadian amateur sport history. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre delivers extensive programming that serves recreational and community groups, university students, high performance athletes, as well as fitness centre clientele. The building’s 312,000 square-feet includes two internationally sanctioned 10-lane 50-metre pools, a world-class dive pool and dry-land dive training facilities, a four-court gymnasium, a rock-climbing wall, an indoor running track, conditioning rooms, a high performance testing centre, studio spaces, and a state-of-the-art fitness centre for members. The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is located at Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre and provides world-leading sport science and sport performance services. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre opened to community users, University of Toronto faculty, staff and students, City of Toronto program users and high performance in September 2014. For more information visit www.torontopanamsportscentre.ca
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. will provide, on request, accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all of our Recruitment Process.
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.