Friday, July 22, 2022
Seeking multiple lifeguards to assist with water supervision at Summer Camp
Sunrise Youth Group supports adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities.
From August 22nd-28th, 2022 our members along with volunteers and staff will be going to Camp Wabikon for our Summer Overnight Camp.
- The Camp is located on Lake Temagami approximately six hours away from Whitby.
- Everyone will meet at our main location in Whitby and travel by bus together and take a ferry out to the Camp. We are seeking multiple lifeguards to volunteer their time and experience to help supervise swim hours at the beach throughout the week
- There are two designated swim times of approximately two hours each per day weather depending.
- The more lifeguards we have the less shifts you would be responsible for.
- We can provide charitable receipts if we are given a donation receipt outlining the typical rate of service they would get paid as well as 150 volunteer hours.
- We can provide references for future education or job applications and it is an incredibly rewarding experience.
- Catered week at camp completely expense free
- Located on a beautiful island surrounded by nature
- Current National Lifeguard
- If over 18 - a clean vulnerable sector criminal reference check
Amber McKinley - Administrative and Volunteer Coordinator
Please email Amber for more information on how you can make a difference to our members and experience a truly lifechanging opportunity!
Travel from 1621 McEwen Drive Whitby on a bus to Camp Wabikon:
2430 T234 Lake Temagami