Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Have you always wanted to be someone’s superhero? Are you looking to make a positive impact while being at the beach and under the sun?
Camp Kodiak is searching for a Waterfront Director and a team of Lifeguards to join us for summer 2022.
We are an overnight summer program for children and teens with & without Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder. We offer an integrated social skills program, an academic program, and over 50 exciting activities. If you are interested in joining our Waterfront team and would like to learn more about our program, please visit www.campkodiak.com.
Open positions: Waterfront Director: 1
Responsibilities of the Waterfront Director:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Waterfront to ensure the safety of all swimmers, campers and staff
- Supervise and lead the Lifeguard team through all Waterfront programming and training
- Oversee organization of structured swimming periods for small groups and open swimming periods (General Swim) for large groups
- Provide coaching and feedback to Lifeguard team to encourage skill development, empowerment, and growth in their role
- Set expectations for campers, staff, and Lifeguard team at the Waterfront and ask for change in behaviour when necessary
- Lifeguard daily
- Administrative duties
- Report to Directors, Assistant Director, and Staff Coordinator of Camp Kodiak
Responsibilities of Lifeguards:
- Lifeguard daily, during structured swimming periods for small groups and open swimming periods (General Swim) for large groups
- Carry out initial swim tests, supported by the Waterfront Director
- Report to the Waterfront Director and the Assistant Waterfront Director of Camp Kodiak
- Valid National Lifeguard (NL) Certification or willing to recertify before June 2022
- Valid First-Aid and CPR/AED Certification
- Lifeguarding experience is an asset (1+ year)
- Waterfront Director: Supervisory experience is an asset (1+ year)
How to Apply: The contract for these positions begins on Friday, June 24, 2022 and concludes on Monday, August 29th, 2022. These positions include a competitive camp salary (dependent on experience and certification) as well as room, board, and living expenses, as staff will be required to live on site in McKellar, Ontario for the duration of their contract.
We are currently interviewing for these positions and would like to connect with you, so APPLY NOW! Submit an application at https://campkodiak.campbrainstaff.com/. If you have any questions regarding your application or would like to submit an additional resume, please contact the Staff Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.