Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Provide a safe swim experience and ensure pool regulations are met
- Respond to emergencies as trained by the Lifesaving Society and YMCA.
- Ensure equipment is set up and removed as appropriate
- Assists in cleaning duties related to the pool and equipment.
- Participate in meetings and special events.
- Teach swim lessons using YMCA curriculum, coaching participants to meet success.
- Communicate with swimmers and parents
- Maintain accurate swim lesson progress records
- Takes attendance, ensures participants are signed into and out of swim programs.
- Follows YMCA Child Safety and Protection standards
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviors in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
National Lifeguard – pool
Standard First Aid with CPR-C
Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St John, Ski Patrol
YMCA, Lifesaving Society, Red Cross
§ Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
§ Organizational skills
§ Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
§ Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse
§ Flexibility regarding assigned hours of work
Please send resume and cover letter to Lifeguard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please email Heidi.email@example.com