Friday, August 26, 2022
- Provides leadership to all Aquatics programs, including the YMCA Swim Program, YMCA Aquafit, Lane swim, Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Courses and Junior Lifeguard Program.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and coaching YMCA Aquatics staff and volunteers.
- Ensures safety and compliance standards are met
- Leads a large Aquatics staff team, including full time and part time staff
- Participate in meetings and special events.
- Follows YMCA Child Safety and Protection standards
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviors in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
National Lifeguard – pool by
Standard First Aid with CPR-C by
Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St John or Ski Patrol
Swim Instructor by
YMCA, Lifesaving Society, Red Cross
Additional certifications an asset - Aquafit Instructor, Lifesaving Society Instructor/Examiner in any stream
- Degree or Diploma in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation Leadership or related field preferred.
- Recommended minimum 2 years instructing and supervisory experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
Please send resume and cover letter to Lifeguard.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please email Heidi.email@example.com