Friday, September 30, 2022
Mayfair Clubs offers members access to leading fitness, tennis and squash facilities in four locations across the Greater Toronto Area. For over 50 years, Mayfair has offered the finest quality programs and activities in racquet sports, fitness and aquatics programs.
When you work for Mayfair, you become part of a great team in a fun and motivating environment. You will receive a company paid full club membership as well as merchandise and services discounts.
Mayfair is currently looking for Swim Instructors for our Spring and Summer programs at their Mayfair Parkway (Markham) location.
Provide swim lessons/ private or group to adults/kids of all levels and abilities based on program requirements
- The swim instructor is responsible for instructing all swim lesson participants
- On Deck Life Guarding Pool
- This position is also responsible for the safety of the participant in their own class
- Work hours as scheduled which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed and clean up supplies.
- Instructs and evaluates students participating in swim lessons
- Submits completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information on time
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- All other duties as assigned and appropriate.
- Energetic – has a passion for teaching aquatics
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Client/Customer Focus – Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Organization – Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Ownership – Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization.
- Professionalism – Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Resourceful – Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Previous experience teaching aquatics to children and adults
- Flexibility to work days, evenings and weekends, as required
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C certification
- Current National Lifeguard Certification
- Current Lifesaving Instructor Certification
- Current Lifesaving Swim Instructor Certification
- Criminal background check
APPLY ON MAYFAIR WEBSITE