Friday, April 1, 2022
Reports to, and works under the direction and supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator/Beach Supervisor.
Purpose of the Position:
To administer an aquatics program, and provide a safe waterfront facility for all patrons of the park in a manner that:
- Accidents are prevented;
- All emergency situations are handled properly;
- All aquatics program participants are instructed, supervised and evaluated in aproper, safe and enjoyable manner, in accordance with the guidelines from the appropriate swimming organizations and Waubuno Beach Guidelines; and,
- Provides patrons with the necessary services and rapport to make their participationin the program safe, and one that they will want to return to.
Scope of the Position:
Works within labour, employment, health and safety, accessibility and other relevant legislation; within Town's policies and procedures; and according to practices and procedures established appropriate swimming organizations.
- Handle all emergencies that occur in the beach and park area, following set policiesand procedures.
- Promote a safe waterfront environment and assist in drowning prevention.
- Educate participants in the safe use of swimming area.
- Maintain personal skills required by lifeguards and instructors (i.e. Public relations,communication skills, physical skills).
- Enforce all beach rules and policies in a tactful manner.
- Assist with the daily maintenance and operations of the park as required.
- Assist in organizing, planning, implementing, and participating in any special eventat the park, or any sponsored by the Town of Parry Sound.
- Assist in record keeping and documentation of daily facility checklists, accidents andincidents, program registration, etc.
- Know how to operate all recreational and safety equipment at the park and assistwith the maintenance of it.
- Perform rescues in accordance with the specific emergency procedures of WaubunoBeach.
- Wear designated uniform at all times.
- Remain on duty as assigned until relieved, and remain within call or in office onbreaks.
- Lead a safe swim program by implementing and instructing all classes assigned toyou by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Evaluate all participants in the aquatics programs.
- Modify class plans to accommodate different age levels of participants.
- Prepare lesson plans for all classes and submit them, along with report cards to theAquatics Coordinator/Beach Supervisor as required.
- Be responsible for all records and reports on progress of participants as required
- Start and finish all lessons according to assigned time frames
- Be familiar with opening and closing procedures of facility, and assist when needed.
Working Relationship and Contacts:
- With the Aquatics Coordinator - Receives direction, guidance and encouragement; discusses plans and priorities.
- With Other Staff - Works in a team environment to deliver aquatic programming at Waubuno Beach.
- With External Contacts - Delivers aquatic programming to the public, handles customer inquiries via face-to-face interaction and telephone.
- National Lifeguard Waterfront (preferred)
- Standard First Aid
- CPR Level C
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- High level organization and record keeping skills.
- High level teamwork and cooperation skills.
- Good communication and public relation skills.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume under the subject line, “[your name] – Summer Swim Program” to Brad Weiler, Community Recreation Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those applicants selected for an interview.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and for employment assessment purposes only.