Friday, September 30, 2022
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital creates a world of possibility by supporting children and youth with disabilities, medical complexity, illness and injury. Holland Bloorview is a top 40 Canadian research hospital that is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and serves over 7.500 families annually. Providing both inpatient and outpatient services, Holland Bloorview is renowned for its expertise in partnering with clients and families to provide exceptional care.
Holland Bloorview has won numerous awards including Greater Toronto's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People and Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures. We offer an inspiring, innovative, and collaborative work environment with competitive compensation and benefit packages and programs that support ongoing learning and professional growth.
Introduction: Swim Instructors/Lifeguards at Holland Bloorview support our mission to teach water safety skills to children, youth and adults who do and do not have disabilities in a fully integrated setting. Additionally, they provide leadership and supervision for our non-instructional and recreational aquatic programs.
As a Swim Instructor, you will be responsible for:
- Instructing assigned Red Cross aquatic programs to standard
- Responding to parent and participant questions promptly, courteously and thoroughly
- Committing to teach the entire session of lessons
- Providing your supervisor with a detailed lesson plan for each class
- Writing, proofing and correcting report cards for all of your lesson participants
- Setting up the pool deck prior to your shift and cleaning the deck following your shift
- Attendance at all scheduled staff trainings
- Keeping all awards current
- Performing other duties assigned
- A successful candidate for the position of Swim Instructor must also be a certified Lifeguard
- Monitoring instructional and recreational swimming activities, incLuding: patrolling the pool deck and scanning the water, as well as monitoring patrons and volunteers to ensure a safe swim environment
- Carrying an aid at all times, performing emergency rescues to the standard of your certifications, responding to patron inquiries, resolving problems, and performing associated public education duties
Instuctor rate: $19.58/hour ($18.83/hour + 4% vacation)
Lifeguard rate: $17.14/hour ($16.48/hour + 4% vacation)
As a Swim Instructor & Lifeguard, the minimum qualifications are:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Previous experience teaching swimming lessons (min. 1 year)
- Red Cross or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- National Lifeguard
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
For any questions regarding the position please contact Christina Neumann at email@example.com
Holland Bloorview is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community and we support an inclusive culture for our clients, families, research scientists, staff, participants, trainees, volunteers, trustees, and partners. We welcome applications from Black individuals and other racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2SA+ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas within our community. Holland Bloorview is committed to fair assessment of a candidate's abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience, including non-traditional career paths.
Apply Here: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4354552