Wednesday, September 28, 2022
The Assistant Swim Instructor works alongside Swim Instructors, assisting in the delivery of YMCA Lessons. Assistant Swim Instructors maintain a safe environment at all times, delivering activities and games that help children progress through the YMCA swim program.
- Coaches and develops participants to meet success
- Maintains a safe aquatic environment at all times
- Ensures all safety procedures are adhered
- Assists in delivering course content and examines participants following established YMCA criteria.
- Communicates (verbal and written) child’s progress to the Swim Instructor, Parents and Team Leaders.
- Sets up and takes down equipment as required
- Ensures qualifications and certifications as required by the YMCA and regulatory standards are current at all times
- Actively participates in scheduled programs, meetings and special events.
- Current certifications in the following Lifesaving Society awards: Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid & CPR level C
- Ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members (visible/non-visible)
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to respecting diversity and demonstrating inclusive behaviour, responding with sensitivity and self-awareness to the unique needs of colleagues and members, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Employees must achieve their National Lifeguard certificate within 4 months of job start date or by the time they turn 16 years old, at which point they will be considered for a lifeguard position.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org