Friday, July 29, 2022
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Onondaga Farms. Other locations available as well.
PERKS: Room and board, pay premiums, bonus payments, travel stipend, daily rate options also available
June 16, 2022 – September 1, 2022
What would you be doing?
- establish relationships with youth, aged 12-16, that reflect respect, trust and empathy
- lead the successful execution of camp activities, connecting them back to the THCF Youth Leadership Program Framework
- encourage camper development through their own processing and readiness, and recognize their achievements
- use respectful, positive behaviour management techniques
- model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- identify, assess and appropriately manage risks and on-site crises in line with THCF’s risk management standards
- provide mentorship, knowledge and skill transfer to other staff
- be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp for 10 day sessions, with 2 days of break in between
- learn that the challenge is also rewarding, and will experience personal growth alongside the campers you are supporting
Perks of the job:
- Room and board is included for the duration of the contract
- Access to the employee referral bonus program
- Contract completion bonus
- Financial premium for staff who work at our French location
- Having a positive impact in the lives of youth
- Opportunity to establish lifelong friendships with other staff
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the Ontario Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.
Does this sound like you?
- are experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16
- certified in National Lifeguard (required)
- strong at group facilitation and successfully adapt facilitation style based on individual or group needs
- skilled in positive behaviour management
- licensed with a valid G Class Driver’s License, or equivalent (considered an asset)
- able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
Apply for St. George Lifeguard here: https://grnh.se/43b717822us
Check out all of our postings here: https://timscamps.com/tims-camps-jobs/current-opportunities/