Saturday, December 31, 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer
The Municipality of Clarington is a progressive employer committed to equity, inclusion and diversity within its community and organization. We are committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment for our team.
We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process or in performing your position should you be selected please contact the Human Resources Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
Clarington is one of eight municipalities in Durham Region. With a population of 105,000 people and growing, Clarington offers residents a blend of city living and rural charm. The corporation is made up of six departments that report through to the Chief Administrative Officer.
The Municipality of Clarington is an equal opportunity employer and a great place to build a career. We value teamwork, diversity and offer an environment where staff can grow and pursue advancement opportunities while making a difference to the community.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Aquatic Coordinator, Instructors and Lifeguards supervise various public and lane swims, teach swim lessons to all ages, prevent accidents, and respond to emergency situations for the Courtice Community Complex, Diane Hamre Recreation Complex and Alan Strike Aquatic and Squash Centre for Fall 2022.
The following responsibilities and duties of this position includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the health and safety of all participants using the facility.
- Preventing accidents and respond to emergency situations
- Demonstrating strong internal and external customer service skills
- Demonstrating strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Adhering to recommended lifeguard and operating procedures including the Canadian Red Cross and Lifesaving Society
- Performing all administrative duties as required
What we offer you
We offer the following for this position:
- Rates of pay: $17.71 per hour (2021 rate) for Lifeguard shifts, $18.73 per hour (2021 rate) for Instructor shifts, and $15.01 per hour (2021 rate) for training shifts.
- Hours of work: up to a maximum of 24 hours per week including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Current Standard First and with CPR Level ‘C’
- Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard (NL) Award
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Award and/or Lifesaving Swim Instructor’s Award
- Current Lifesaving Society Instructor Award (or within six months of hire)
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
905-987-5667 ext. 2542
To apply, visit www.clarington.net/careers.