Monday, January 2, 2023
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
The Team Leader oversees the safe operation of swim lessons during their shift, ensuring regulatory and YMCA standards are met. The Team Leader coaches and develops YMCA Swim Instructors, working with the Supervisor to ensure YMCA quality standards are met.
- Provides leadership and coaching to swim instructors to ensure all YMCA Quality Indicators are met in swimming lessons.
- Manages sign in and sign out procedures during the transitions between classes to ensure children are safe at all times and best practices and procedures to ensure child safety are being followed consistently.
- Ensures all regulatory and YMCA standards are met throughout the lesson period and responds immediately to rectify all safety and emergency concerns.
- Continuously builds positive relationships with children, parents, staff, and volunteers during their shift, dealing with concerns as they arise.
- Ensures program coverage gaps and other challenges are resolved as they emerge.
- Manages administrative responsibility for attendance and waitlists as required.
- Ensures qualifications and certifications as required by the YMCA and regulatory standards are current at all times.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Current certifications in the following Lifesaving Society awards: National Lifeguard (NL), Standard First Aid and CPR level C, YMCA Swim Instructor
- Minimum of 1 year experience delivering YMCA Swim Lessons at the “effective” level
- Minimum of 6 months experience coaching and developing others
- Demonstrated experience in effective coaching and development skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please email Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org