Wednesday, December 7, 2022
As an employee of the Miles Nadal JCC, the Swim Instructor will be reporting to the Aquatics Manager and Lesson Coordinators. Swim Instructors are responsible for providing high-quality swimming lessons to participants of all ages and abilities. Swim Instructors must be comfortable teaching both group and private lessons and all levels of the Lifesaving Society Swim Program. They will conduct swimming lessons in a safe and enjoyable environment demonstrating good class control and safety supervision.
Customer service is our top priority and Swim instructors will play an important role in helping swimmers achieve their goals through education in an inclusive and accessible environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching the Lifesaving Society Swim Program to both private and group classes
• Ensuring the safety of all swimmers throughout the class
• Performance of water rescue and first aid when necessary
• Provide feedback to Members on participant’s progress when requested.
• Timely completion of individual progress reports for the end of the session
• Complete accident and incident reports when necessary.
• Preparation of lesson plans for swim classes instructed
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary starting at $20.00/hr for Instructors and $19.50 for Lifeguards based on experience and qualifications
• For the duration of employment, you are entitled to a membership for the Miles Nadal JCC fitness centre with access to all classes and amenities.
• All part-time staff are entitled to 2 personal emergency leave days per year.
• Lifesaving Instructor, Swim Instructor, Bronze Cross, Standard First Aid with CPR-C are required and must be current for duration of employment. A Valid National Lifeguard is required for all lifeguarding shifts
• Lifesaving Instructor, Examiner (an asset)
• Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
• A Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment for all staff.