Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Ensures a safe aquatic environment for participants through supervision, accident prevention, rescue skills, public education and public relations.
- Ensures the safety and supervision of participants in the pool area.
- Ensures compliance with the Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant policy and procedures manuals.
- Ensures that the equipment is in place and operational and that the equipment is stored away after use.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Monitors and controls access to the program.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program including cash handling.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Performs maintenance/janitorial duties including but not restricted to: change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard (Pool) certification.
- Current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation 'C' certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
Toronto East York: Shane Cuthbert - email@example.com
North York: Dianne Assinck - firstname.lastname@example.org
Scarborough: Samantha Strowbridge - email@example.com
West Toronto York: Vahid Javadi - firstname.lastname@example.org
Etobicoke York: Laura Lockman - email@example.com
Please make a profle and apply through the link Below:
Aquatic - City of Toronto Jobs
Please make sure you apply to the area you would like to work in