Friday, June 30, 2023
Reporting to the Director, Regional Operations and Programs, the Supervisor, Aquatics is responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the YMCA of Eastern Ontario’s Aquatics programs and operations at the Brockville Branch and any affiliated sites. The Supervisor is responsible for the delivery of quality, values-based programs and for providing leadership, coaching and modelling to staff and volunteers to ensure a positive experience for YMCA members and guests. The Supervisor will engage regularly with the Supervisor, Aquatics at the Kingston Branch to ensure consistency across programming and other activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee all aquatics operations for the Branch and any affiliated sites.
- Develop, schedule and oversee delivery of Aquatics programs such as the YMCA National Swim Program and the Lifesaving Society’s Bronze Family.
- Recruit, train, schedule and mentor staff and volunteer team members to ensure excellence in service delivery.
- Serve as a role model for YMCA of Eastern Ontario values, standards and policies & procedures.
- Develop program and class schedules; manage rental requests and aquatics events.
- Provide full support to aquatic programs, including providing coverage and delivering programs.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines and regulations.
- Monitor team members’ performance, ensuring adherence to training and standards. Conduct performance reviews as required and provide additional supports or training to staff as required.
- Provide comprehensive, progressive training for staff and volunteers on an ongoing basis.
- Review, manage and approve bi-weekly payroll; flag variances in budget to Director.
- Support and contribute to the Association’s strategic planning process and implementation.
- Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) including Vulnerable Sector Check completed not more than 120 days prior to interview, with results acceptable to the YMCA of Eastern Ontario
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent
- Current Lifesaving and/or YMCA Instructors certification
- Current National Lifeguard certification
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Advanced Instructor and Examiner status
- Lifesaving Society First Aid Instructor & Examiner
- Experience training and supervising staff
- Computer based skills in Microsoft Windows and Office
YMCA of Eastern Ontario
345 Park Street
Brockville, ON K6V 5Y7
All interested internal candidates should submit a cover letter and resume