Monday, December 11, 2023
The Aquatic Program Supervisor reports to the Aquatic Manager. The Aquatic Program
Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Aquatic Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Aquatic Facility. This includes but is not limited to scheduling of staff, pool chemical balancing and facility maintenance, office organization, customer service, cash management, materials and equipment acquisition recommendations and the supervision, recruitment, mentoring and development of part time staff.
- Post-secondary Diploma (or Degree) in Recreation Leadership or equivalent.
- Pool Operators course or ability to take course within the first 3 months of being hired.
- Current Lifesaving Society (LSS) National Lifeguard, LSS instructors, LSS Examiners,
- Standard First Aid.
- Must have at least one of: NLS instructor/examiner, LSSI trainer or SFA instructor/examiner.
- Lifesaving Society Aquatic Supervisor Certificate or Professional designation (CAT) an
- At least two years’ experience of progressive municipal supervisory experience in aquatic
- programming and operations.
- Recognized teaching experience in Aquatics with a minimum of 2 years teaching advanced courses.
- Experience dealing effectively with all levels of staff, general public and organizations.
- Working knowledge of chemical systems, pool chemicals and pool filtration systems.
- Working knowledge of Provincial regulations, standards and guidelines for public pools.
- Time management, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Computer skills with working knowledge of ActiveNet and Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate staff, promote a safe environment and ensure staff
- comply with legislative standards.
- Proven mentoring of new instructors and lifeguards with ability to develop programs to assist in their development.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to Carolyn Clementson,
December 11, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.