Sunday, December 31, 2023
Dates of Employment
Start Date: June 21, 2024
End Date: August 30, 2024
Location: Minden, ON (live on site. Room & board included)
The Head of Swim Programs oversees all aspects of an extensive swim program. Onondaga Camp delivers LifeSaving Society Swim Lessons to over 400 participants daily. Duties include:
- Schedule and supervise a team of swim staff to deliver program.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all swim records for each session.
- Provide feedback to all staff, including informal and bi-weekly reviews
- Ensure swim tests are completed on the first night of each session.
- Organize and schedule and Bronze Med & Bronze Cross exams
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Qualification (NL). NL waterfront is considered an asset.
- Lifesaving Society Examiners is an asset.
- Previous experience working at a summer camp is preferable.
- The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organization skills
As noted, this is a position which involves working closely with camp staff who are responsible for keeping our campers safe on the waterfront with strong guarding techniques and attention to safety. People skills and understanding of others is key in this position.
Graham MacLellan - Assistant Directorgraham@onondagacamp.com416-482-0782