Sunday, May 12, 2024
Period of Employment: anticipated start date is determined based on grand opening of the new aquatic centre at the Township-Wide Recreation Centre in the fall of 2024.
King Township is an idyllic countryside community of communities, proud of its rural, cultural, and agricultural heritage. We are respected for treasuring nature, encouraging a responsible economy, and celebrating our vibrant quality of life. As an organization, we are focused making life better in King, and enriching the lives of all those who live, work, and visit King Township by providing quality services and experiences.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Active Living & Aquatics, the Aquatics Lifeguard/Instructor is responsible for the following:
- Provides swimming instruction, skill evaluation and safety supervision of participants
- Plans, conducts, and implements safe and educational swimming lessons
- Will lead specific drills/instruction according to prepared lesson plans while creating a fun, safe and positive learning environment to participants of all ages
- Need to complete report cards and worksheets in a constructive and timely manner.
- Conducts rescue procedures, administration of first aid, operation of public address system and other general lifeguarding duties
- Maintains constant surveillance creating a safe, supervised aquatics area and maintains complete vigilance to minimize risk
- Provides care and treatment as required for all minor and major incidents until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Provides good customer service and engages with participants to provide education about potential hazards and safe practices
- Performs general pool maintenance and cleaning functions
- Maintains and cleans pool areas, washrooms, changerooms, grounds and work areas
- Ensures compliance and control of lifeguard functions
- Enforces swimming rules and regulations with patrons
- Maintains complete and accurate records of incidents and accidents, swimming occurrences, missing persons, daily maintenance, opening and closing procedures and any other forms and reports to immediate supervisor for follow-up and takes appropriate action
- Understands and adheres to all legislated requirements, policies, and procedures, including emergency procedures and Health and Safety Standards
- Models and practices HIGH FIVE® – Principles of Healthy Childhood Development (Participation, Play, Mastery, Friends, and Caring Adult)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
The successful applicant will possess:
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Certification
- Lifesaving Swim Instructor & Lifesaving Instructor
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C Certification
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) certification
- HIGH FIVE® Quest 2 certification is an asset
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
$17.00 - $19.00 / hour (Lifeguard) (2024 Rate)
$18.50 - $21.50 / hour (Instructor) (2024 Rate)
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume to email@example.com by 4:30 pm on December 20, 2024 Or to Human Resources at 2585 King Road, King City, Ontario, L7B 1A1
Please visit www.king.ca for full job description.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Personal information (PI) is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.0. 2001, c.25 and will be used to facilitate the hiring and recruitment process. Personal information (PI) will be protected in accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Questions about the collection of personal information (PI) should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 2585 King Road, King City, L7B 1A1 or (905) 833-5321.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (IASR), and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Township of King will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Township Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.