Monday, April 15, 2024
About Lifeguarding Academy
Lifeguarding Academy is a private Lifesaving Society affiliate that provides aquatic leadership courses in the Toronto area. Every year, our instructors teach over 3,000 students across our six facilities. Since 2018, we have been recognized as one of the largest private affiliates of the Lifesaving Society.
Description of the Role
Lifeguarding Academy is looking to onboard instructors to assist in delivering Lifesaving Society programs. The successful applicant is a passionate, experienced and adaptable Lifesaving Society Instructor with availability on weekends.
Duties & Expectations
- Facilitating, instructing and evaluating Lifesaving Society courses.
- Planning and administration tasks completed for each course.
- Teaching aligned with the policies outlined in the Lifesaving Society Program Guide and the Lifeguarding Academy Instructor Manual.
- Minor facility tasks related to course setup and clean up.
- Model appropriate behaviours toward staff, instructors, students and parents.
- Develop positive relationships with instructors, students, admin staff and parents.
- Attending staff meetings, including in-service sessions and social gatherings.
Why work with us?
- Flexibility: We run courses every weekend during the year and move to 7 days a week during school breaks. You can select which weekends and days you work as it best fits your schedule during each season.
- Ongoing training: We conduct advanced leadership courses regularly and have Trainers and Examiner Mentors on staff to support your growth.
- Continuous learning: We regularly conduct paid instructor in-services to support the continuous development of our instructors.
- Competitive wages: We have created pay transparency among our team and have highly competitive wages, including paid prep and administration time.
- Bonuses: We offer different incentive programs to our instructors throughout the year.
A minimum of one of the following Instructor certifications:
- Lifesaving Instructor
- National Lifeguard Instructor
- First Aid Instructor.
- Examiner status is required
Experience teaching Lifesaving Society programs. You must have taught and examined at least three courses to be considered for this position.
To apply, please complete our online application here.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or accommodations.