Sunday, March 31, 2024
MAY TO SEPTEMBER 2024
Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year-round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities to our members and their families. We are located in central Toronto and accessible by TTC. Our caring and attentive staff members are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every member and guest. Our Club is a place where high expectations aren't just met they are exceeded by making our members and guests feel special.
We are looking for motivated individuals in Lifeguard position who are available Full-time from May 2024 to September 2024 (weather dependent) or until the end of the pool season.
If you are passionate about hospitality and take pride in offering exceptional service, we would love to have you be a part of the Donalda team! Our staff members continue to aim higher and show they care about our members, guests and each other to ensure we achieve our goal of creating unforgettable service experiences.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Complimentary Staff Meals
- Complimentary parking
- Hourly rate: From $17.25
- Seasonal Bonus (Upon contract completion)
- Wellness Spending Account (Upon contract completion)
- Three (3) Seasonal Vacant Position available
EXPECTED START DATE: May 13, 2024
BLACKOUT DATES: All Summer Long weekends
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Fitness & Aquatics Manager, the lifeguards will perform various duties including guarding of pool, ensuring safety of Donalda members and guests within the pool area in a member service environment. Provides swimming lessons and physically maintains and cleans all facets of the swimming pool and provide excellent member service.
An Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures and maintains a safe and clean swimming pool for use by all Donalda members and guests
- Assists in maintaining appropriate pool chemical levels at all times
- Ensures all pool equipment is working in satisfactory manner
- Maintains a clean cabana area including changing rooms, wet area and washrooms.
- Reports all activity to the Fitness & Aquatics Manager/Lead Lifeguard
- Communicates with Fitness & Aquatics Manager/Assistant Fitness Manager or Maintenance Manager on any mechanical and sanitary problems concerning the pool area immediately as they occur.
- Enforces all swimming pool rules established by Donalda Club management and Board of Directors
- Teaches private lessons to Donalda members
- Lifeguards swimmers when on duty
- Pool hours are from 5:45am until 8:15pm so shifts may fall anywhere within that range
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Lifesaving Society's National Lifeguard Certification and Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor Certification
- Lifesaving Society's Leadership certifications such as Lifesaving Instructor, Bronze Examiner, National Lifeguard Instructor/Examiner, Standard First Aid Instructor/Examiner an asset and preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Team player with excellent organizational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain composure and performance standards during very busy peak periods.
- Ability to operate all pool equipment.
- Previous lifeguard and instructing experience required (two to three years minimum)
- Private Club experience an asset and preferred
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions and tolerate sun exposure daily for long periods of time.
- Mandatory attendance in all job-related training courses
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Well groomed, mannerly, co-operative, outwardly friendly and team oriented.
- Must have a G/G2
Please note that duties will be added, deleted or assigned as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Donalda Club is an equal-opportunity employer. We are actively working towards creating a diverse work environment because we believe our teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
Our goal is to be an inclusive, diverse, and a respectful work environment where every person can enjoy a successful career at Donalda. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic. Donalda also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief, in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about accommodation or need assistance with completing the application process, please contact Human Resources.