Lifeguard Insurance

Do you run summer swimming lessons in your backyard or a neighbour’s pool? Do you run lifesaving or first aid classes privately or as an independent contractor? If you answered yes to either question, you should consider liability insurance.

The Lifesaving Society Canada, in partnership with HUB International, introduces a comprehensive professional liability insurance program available only to Lifesaving Society members who hold National Lifeguard certification.

This insurance coverage provides professional liability and general liability insurance for instructors, trainers and lifeguards who are teaching any Lifesaving Society course or providing safety supervision in Canada.

This coverage will be of interest to those who need insurance to access rental agreements, to deliver Lifesaving Society programs independently from an employer (e.g., backyard pool lessons, canoe trip supervision), or to those who seek additional insurance protection to support their career.

HUB International brokers this program, underwritten by Encon Group Inc., for all certified National Lifeguards. To apply you must be a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years of age, and hold a current Lifesaving Society Canada National Lifeguard certification – current means within 24 months of the date of your last (re)-certification.

Click here to link directly to HUB International's website where you can review the terms and conditions, apply and purchase insurance.