The Lifesaving Society believes it is essential that everyone wear a lifejacket or Personal Flotation Device (PFD) regardless of their swimming ability when boating. Therefore, we invite you to host a Lifejacket Clinic at your facility.
The purpose(s) of the Lifejacket Clinic is:
- To convey how important wearing a lifejacket is for everyone including participants, parents/guardians and the important safety features found on lifejackets/PFDs and the potential consequences of not wearing a lifejacket/PFD.
- Ensure the public understands what "proper fit" means – especially for children.
- Hands-on experience with different types of lifejackets and PFDs.
- Understanding the effects of cold water.
Lifejacket Clinic Details:
- This clinic requires few staff and no water, so it can be run in lobbies/ hallways, even local schools, malls and parking lots.
- Offer an opportunity for the public to try on different lifejackets and PFDs.
- Reinforce the importance of wearing a lifejacket.
Lifejacket Clinic - Lifejackets vs PFDs
Lifejacket Clinic - Action Steps
Lifejacket Clinic - Children
Lifejacket Clinic - Adults
Lifejacket Clinic - Cold Water Simulation Activity