To maintain "current", Instructors, Examiners and Trainers must recertify their award(s) within 24 months of the certification or last recertification date.
The Lifesaving Society's Credit System recognizes individual needs and interests by encouraging leadership personnel to learn and improve through continuing education and professional development:
- Earn 3 credits during the 2-year certification period by participating in courses, clinics and training programs identified on the Lifesaving Society Credit List.
- Recertifying your leadership awards online is a convenient way to tell us what credits you’ve earned in the last two years and which awards you wish to recertify.
- Log on at www.lifesavingsociety.com using your email address and password. If you haven’t already, register as a member.
- Select Recertification from the left navigation menu.
- Confirm or update your contact information.
- Confirm the awards you want to recertify.
- Send us proof of credits you’ve earned that we can’t automatically verify.
- Tell us whether you need the hard copy cards or not.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Check your record on Find a Member at end of business the next day.
- Record your credits on the Credit Card dated and signed by the various course evaluators.
- Mail the completed Credit Card with the recertification fee to the Society's office. We send you back a renewed certification card (valid for another 2 years) together with a blank Credit Card and Credit List.
- Leadership awards recertified at different times are subject to a recertification fee each time. Recertifying all your leadership certifications at the same time reduces your cost.
- There is no fee to renew an Examiner appointment, provided you renew it at the same time as your other leadership certifications.
Examiners note: Examiners must select at least 1 credit from items on the Credit List marked with a check.