Thank you for considering the Lifesaving Society as your charity of choice. Your gift enables us to fund programs such as our Water Smart® public education campaign, and the Swim to Survive® training program which teach Canadians to prevent (and save themselves in) water-related accidents. You can make a donation through:
- Annual and monthly gifts
- In memoriam and tribute gifts
- Employee/workplace giving
- Corporate matching gifts program
- United Way
The Society issues tax receipts for donations of $20 or more. We accept cash, cheque or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express). We acknowledge all donors of $25 or more in our annual report unless you advise us otherwise.
Friends of the Society give $25 to $99.
Bronze Club members give $100 to $299.
Merit Club members give $300 to $499.
Distinction Club members give $500 or more.
You may prefer to set up an automatic donation once a year, or make a one-time gift via credit card or cheque. Specify the amount and the month in which you wish to make the gift using our Personal Donation Form and mail or fax (416-490-8766) it to us. An income tax receipt will be mailed to you within 30 days.
When you become a member of the Lifesaving Society's monthly giving program, you join a special group of supporters; for as little as $5 each month, you help us educate and train Canadians to become Water Smart. Every monthly donation, no matter how little or how large, makes a difference.
To join the monthly giving program, fill in the Personal Donation Form and send it to us by mail or fax (416-490-8766). Alternatively, you can donate online. We will send you an income tax receipt within 30 days of your last monthly donation for the year. If you wish to change or cancel your monthly gift at any time, contact us.
Memorial and Tribute Gifts
Honour the memory of a loved one, mark a milestone event or give a creative gift for a special occasion. Specify the donation amount on our Memoriam/Tribute Donation Form and include a personal message you would like signed on a memorial/special occasion card, which we will send on your behalf. Your gift is an important contribution to drowning prevention. Visit the Society's Memorial Wall.
If your employer offers a payroll deduction program benefiting charities, select the Lifesaving Society as your charity of choice.
- Payroll Giving - payroll giving is a simple, tax effective method of donating to the Lifesaving Society through your salary. It's an easy, effortless and efficient way to give
- Workplace Campaigns - many companies and organizations get involved in United Way or other workplace campaigns. Donate to the Society as your charity of choice.
- Workplace Events - companies are looking for a reason to contribute to something. Suggest a workplace event, such as casual Fridays or a bake sale and get all of your colleagues involved. It's a fun and easy way to support the Lifesaving Society while engaging your fellow employees in the cause.
- Volunteer with your co-workers - volunteering is a great way to make a difference, and volunteering for the Lifesaving Society on your own or with your co-workers is a great way to show your support. Many companies even make donations to the Lifesaving Society for hours volunteered by staff!
If you donate to the United Way, please select the "Lifesaving Society Ontario Branch" in the personal "Self Directed Donations" section under "donor option" (on the form United Way provides to companies). United Way will forward your donation (minus their processing fee) to the Society. Many businesses also conduct a United Way employee campaign during the fall. Contact your employer or the United Way for details.
Note: names of United Way donors are not included in our annual report or any publications as per the Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Document Act (PIPEDA).
For more information, please email
or call 416-490-8844 or fax 416-490-8766.
Our mailing address is:
400 Consumers Road
Toronto, Ontario M2J 1P8